The autocraft water tank backfill system allows you to quickly, and easily, fill your water tank using a standard hozelock.
– 1x 60 litre water tank for VW T5 / T6 / T6.1 (Height = 210mm / Width = 920mm / Length = 960mm)
– 1x Aluminium Bracket (suitable for trimming down to fit different vans and mounting locations)
– 1x 15mm to 3/4 BSP heavy duty hand valve (used to turn on and off water flow)
– 1x 15mm to 1/2″ adapter (used to connect to 1/2″ water pipe coming from tank)
– 1x 3/4″ male hozelock
– 2 metres 1/2″ blue flexi water pipe
– 1 metre 3/8″ breather pipe
– 4x 14-22mm jubilee clips
– 1x 60 litre VW Autocraft tank bracket set
– 1x Shurflo Trailking 20psi 7lpm water pump
– 1x Shurflo water filter
– Please note, this tank is not suitable for not suitable for 4Motion models or those with an underslung gas tank.
Benefits of the Autocraft water tank backfill system:
We have used this product on our own conversions and have not yet found a vehicle that it is not compatible with. The bracket is a universal fitting which means it can be placed anywhere suitable on your van, and you can avoid cutting a hole in the side of your van. This system can be fitted to new conversions or retrofitted to existing conversions.
As well as being easy to set up and quick to use this system also lets you use your water tank as a jet wash tank, providing your jet wash draws water. The backfill system doubles up as a water outlet so you can empty your tank when needed without installing a separate drain tap.
To assemble the backfill system, the 15mm to 1/2″ adapter has a push-fit fitting which simply clicks into the heavy duty hand valve. On the other end of the heavy duty hand valve is a threaded 3/4″ BSP fitting, the aluminium bracket is placed on this end and then the hozelock is screwed on tight (over the thread of the tap) to complete the kit. You can screw the hozelock on to the tap by hand but it needs to be as tight as possible, we recommend using plyers to ensure a secure and perfect seal.
The tank is designed with sealed, pre moulded outlets/inlets for your various water pipes. The tank has a 40mm inlet for freshwater and two 1/2″ outlets (the one near the bottom of the tank is for your water going from the tank to your pump and/or appliances in the van and the outlet near the top of the tank is for your breather outlet). You can also use additional tank fittings if your set-up is different, which we also supply.
The water inlet for the backfill system should also be placed close to the bottom of the tank so that it can also be used to drain the tank.
When attaching the pipe to the water tank fittings we recommend putting the pipe into hot water first to increase its flexibility.
For attaching the tank using the brackets in this kit see below for a PDF version of the fitting instructions.